Updated June 2020
One of the most pressing needs at the moment for Courage Home, and Courage Purple, is fulfilling child sponsorship, which has just had to be raised to fit the cost of living in the home, as adopted children is a positive advancement, but causes a drop in sponsorship funds coming in. Visit this post to learn more about each of the kids, and give to the ones who need their sponsorships finished out.
Please visit this link to former foster mom Nikki’s blog post for details concerning current needs at Courage Purple, where Lydia and Merissa (who has adopted Divya) live with 11 foster children and wait to bring 2 additional children home sometime in 2018.
Current Courage Purple needs
Financial Giving Opportunities
- Sponsorship for the following children:
- *Cedar, age 11 – needs $200/month more
- *Dinah, age 12 – needs $85/month more (adoption info eligible for Older Child grant through RR)
- *Georgie, age 6 – needs $40/month more (adoption info)
- *Jasmine, age 13 – needs $100/month more
- *Lily, age 15 – needs $270/month more (*Lily’s family is coming – see below!)
- *Mikayla, age 5 – needs $345/month more
- *Vera, age 8 – needs $350/month more
- Fully sponsored kids (click their names to learn more about them):
- Amazon Wishlist purchases of needed items from the following lists (ONGOING NEEDS):
- Support monthly birthdays, which can be found here in advance of each month’s birth dates (ex., August birthdays listed on site in July)
- Support families currently in the process of adopting Courage Purple children:
- *Lily’s family: Scott Family adoption
Non-financial Giving Opportunities
- Prayer/positive thoughts for future adoptions!
- Praise and celebration for recent adoptions: *Chloe; *Ainsley, *Piper
- Share the profiles of other Courage Purple kids (noted above) who are listed as available for adoption with the advocacy and grant-funding website Reece’s Rainbow!
Please share these needs!
Pray if you feel led.
Keep the kids and family in your thoughts and root for them from afar.
A community doesn’t just include giving money, it also includes building that community up by sharing needs, keeping the community in your thoughts and prayers, and supporting that community in any other way you can think of.Every little bit helps.
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
An important part of SCH’s work is YOU! SCH relies on donations to keep running. Donation opportunities include child sponsors at any cost per month, from as low as $25/month. Sponsorship usually costs between $300 and $500 per child, depending on complexity of needs and which city they live in (Ongole or Hyderabad).
You can sponsor any child who needs additional funding at SCH by using the resources found here. Use these resources to get involved in other ways, such as becoming an advocate or volunteering. You can also become a medical sponsor (ideal for large groups or organizations who wish to support SCH) and donate toward monthly emergency medical expenses; or an educational sponsor and donate toward a specific on-site school. Learn about other ways to give charitably to SCH here, and check back often for additional opportunities. You can send gifts via Amazon India, make a one-time, general donation, pray if that is your calling, or volunteer at home or in India yourself.
*A note about names: SCH uses online nicknames for the children in order to protect their identity, per Indian government guidelines which state that children in care may not have identifying photos of them on the internet, as well as no identifying information such as birth name, place of origin, etc.