Please visit this link to Nikki’s blog post for details concerning current needs in Courage Home Purple, where Nikki (who has adopted Deepa) and Merissa (who is in the process of adopting *Addie) live with 11 foster children – *Lily, *Molly, *Nolan, *Dinah, *Jasmine, *Cedar, *Selah, *Mae, *Teagan, *Chloe, and *Addie.
Current Courage Purple needs:
- Amazon Wishlist purchases of needed items (most-needed: school supplies; lice combs; books; peanut butter; snacks) ONGOING NEED
- NEW 10/24 – Christmas is coming! Courage Home (both foster families at CHT and CHP) is looking to fulfill a Christmastime need of $35 salary bonuses to be given to all the caregivers and staff in the home (25 members total). Donate here, if you’re able to do so!
From current foster mom, Nikki:
We give every staff member a bonus for Christmas, so we need to raise $35 USD for each staff member in Courage Home. Many of them have extended families back in their villages that they support, so this bonus helps them to provide food and gifts for their families.
- Courage Purple library – purchase books for Courage Purple’s growing library here and here (kids’ books currently on the two lists: Iggy Peck, Architect; Room on the Broom; Meet Danitra Brown; In the Tall, Tall Grass; A Girl Named Helen Keller; Dragons Love Tacos; Maisy Goes to Preschool; Maisy Dresses Up; caregiver/adult books: Keeping Kyrie; The Elephant Chaser’s Daughter)! ONGOING NEED
- NEW – Sponsor a special outing – it is important for kids to have a multitude of experiences. One way to do that is to take them on outings! You can learn more about the types of outings the Courage Purple kids go on, and donate toward transportation for those outings, by using the resources on this post! ONGOING NEED – RECENTLY UPDATED
- *Mae’s school tuition – *Mae is starting school! We are very excited that *Mae has been accepted to a mainstream school! We have $1,130 total to raise for the first semester, and have raised $285 so far. Click HERE to give!
- ASB Staff Braille Course – ASB staff is signed up for a 10-week long braille course! $140 USD is needed. Click the link, which will re-direct you to Nikki’s PayPal. Be sure to note the cause in the notes/comments section!
- Help Pay a Teacher! – $45/month more is needed to cover the salary of another teacher for Courage Purple/ASB. If interested, sign up here (at any amount). Thanks for considering investing in the kids’ education and quality of life!
Merissa + *Addie’s apartment – just a few more items left on the wishlist for Merissa and *Addie’s new apartment!NEED MET!
Read more about this adoption, and donate to its progression if you feel led, here. Merissa is in the process of adopting *Addie, and they are required to live separately from the foster home at SCH in order to do so. However, the two live in the apartment just below Courage Purple, alongside Nikki and Deepa!
If you can’t afford to give financially, please share Nikki’s original page.
Advocate for a need or multiple needs. Pray if you feel led. Keep them in your thoughts and root for them from afar. A community doesn’t just include giving money, it also includes building that community up by sharing needs, keeping the community in your thoughts and prayers, and supporting that community in any other way you can think of.
Every little bit helps. Be the change you wish to see in the world.