Made soup tonight. It was awesome!
1 16 oz. box chicken broth
Egg noodles (serving size measured for your group)
1 12 oz. can condensed tomato soup
1/2 soup can water
1 1/4 can whole kernel corn (or 1/2 bag frozen)
1 can sliced carrots (or 1/2 bag frozen)
Additional veggies of choice
Pinch dried cilantro
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, to taste
Pinch of basil
- In a large cooking pot, bring 1 box of 16 oz chicken broth to a boil.
- Add egg noodles in a quantity that best suits your serving size. For two of us, we used about 4 handfuls or 1/4 of a bag.
- Set timer for 7 minutes.
- At three minutes, add 1 12 oz can of condensed tomato soup and 1/2 can water. We added in 1 12 oz can of sliced carrots and 1 1/4 can of whole kernel corn, but you can use frozen veggies if you prefer and add any others you would like.
- Add a couple pinches of dried cilantro and wait for rehydration.
- We also added salt, pepper, garlic powder (california seasoning blend), and a pinch of basil.
- If noodles are not cooked thoroughly, cook for another 2 or 3 minutes (we had to do this because I used a too-small pot and had to turn the heat down).
- Most importantly, have fun with the recipe. I just chose items as I went along, adding whatever looked good.
- Extra step: definitely wait for this to cool! I almost burnt myself trying to eat it, it was so good 🙂
You could serve this with french bread, soup crackers, or even grilled cheese.
Go crazy and add in more veggies: peas, green onions, etc. If you have fresh cilantro, use that as well! It’s a great garnish for most soups and we use it a lot at our house.
Add cooked chicken or pork for a meat-involved version. We wanted to have veggie burgers, as my future hubby is feeling a little sick and wasn’t up for a heavier soup with meat in it. It has a sort of layered taste; you can still distinctly taste the chicken broth underneath the tomato soup, and the veggies pair well with the broths.
Make this recipe vegetarian or vegan by substituting the chicken broth for veggie broth.